Richmond Slab Leak Services
Keeping Your Home’s Foundation Sturdy
If your home has a slab foundation, there is a chance that you may develop a slab leak at some point. A slab leak is a type of plumbing leak that occurs beneath the concrete foundation of a home. Like all pipes, the pipes beneath your home can eventually break down and leak. When this occurs you’re left with an almost undetectable plumbing issue that can cause serious damage. At M.A. Williams Inc., we can utilize the right techniques to help you identify a slab leak and to repair it without delay. With our Richmond plumbers on your side, you can rest easy and trust in our expert services.
Detection & Repair Services to Protect Your Home
The causes of slab leaks are generally the same as other types of pipe leaks that may occur anywhere throughout your home.
Any of the following could cause a pipe to rupture:
- Extreme temperature conditions
- Shifts in the foundation of the home from settling or other types of earth movement
- Old pipes that have deteriorated over time
- Invasive roots
- New constructions
No matter what the cause may be, getting professional services in the event of a slab leak is imperative. Unfortunately, slab leaks are often difficult to detect, especially for the average homeowner. There are several signs that may indicate that you have a slab leak, but we encourage you to get a professional diagnosis to accurately determine if this is the case.
Some of the signs of a slab leak include:
- High water bills: One of the most common signs of a slab leak is a water bill that is higher than normal for no apparent reason. When pipes leak beneath your home, they consistently lose water. As a result, you could find that your home wastes gallons of water every month resulting in a costly water bill.
- Visible moisture: When you have a slab leak you may notice that there are various spots of moisture throughout your home. This can include stains on the walls, precipitation on other sections of piping, and puddled water.
- Hot patches: Hot water line leaks can be easily detected because you will find that certain sections of your floor are hotter than others. This is generally because the hot water will consistently flow beneath these areas and warm them.
- Noises: When there is a slab leak in your home, the sound of running water might constantly be present.
- Low water pressure: As water consistently escapes through your damaged pipes, less of it is getting to your faucets. This can cause low water pressure in your plumbing fixtures.
If you believe that you have a slab leak, the best step you can take is to contact us for immediate and professional assistance. Advanced diagnostics and testing from M.A. Williams can help you to determine with certainty if you have a leak. We will thoroughly inspect your home and determine if an issue is present. If we find that there is a damaged pipe beneath your slab, we will provide you with efficient repair services.
Call us at (804) 324-3378 today and get industry leading slab leak services for your home in no time!
Outstanding- Jeff Glidden
Very pleased at the timeliness of response and the expertise of the plumber.- Eden
One of the nicest and most knowledgeable technicians that a company can have.- Gabriel